Visa To Vietnam
Who needs a visa:
Most nationalities require a visa to enter Vietnam.
Exceptions are listed below:
Length of stay
90 days without visa
30 days without a visa
21 days without a visa
14 days without a visa
15 days without a visa
Types of tourist visa:
- Single-Entry Visas. Valid for 31 days after date of entry; must be used within one year of being issued
- Multiple-Entry Visas. Valid for 31 days after the date of first entry; must be used within one year of being issued.
2) Methods of applying for a visa:
There are two methods of applying for a visa from Vietnam: applying through a Vietnamese Embassy and applying for visa on arrival. Please note that, in order to obtain a visa on arrival, the traveler needs to apply for an invitation letter before the date of travel.
2.1 Visa on arrival:
2.1.1 Visa approval letter
Single/ multiple entries - 1 month tourist visa receiving upon arrival (Noi Bai Airport or Tan Son Nhat Airport or Danang Airport)
We need the following information from the clients:
1. Full names (the exact names as written in passports)
2. Date of birth
4. Passport No. (valid at least 06 months)
5. Date of arrival
6. Port of arrival
7. Flight details (to and from)
Price for visa letter: Free of Charge if booking tours with us. Note: Visa on arrival letter service is not free of charge for those citizens from South Asia, Middle East, Africa.
Working days: 1-2days (except Saturday, Sunday and Holidays)
When receiving all the above details from you, we will make the visa approval letter.
After 1 or 2 days, we will scan and send you the approved documents.
Visa stamp fee: pay by the clients at the airport
2.1.2 Visa stamp
Each of you have to show the print of the visa approval letter when check in flight to Vietnam ( the letter we sent you).
When you arrive at international airport of Vietnam, you will come to the VISA ON ARRIVAL GATE ( please ask the airport staff); you will show this copy again, passport, then fill in a form at the Customs, pay stamping fee person together with 2 photos for each (size 4X6cm).
Then the visa will be stamped in your passport. Please prepare each of you 02 photos as passport- size (4X6 cm)
Single entry visa stamping fee: 45 USD/pax, paid at Vietnam airport.
Multiple entry-1 month visa stamping fee: 65 USD/pax, paid at Vietnam airport by yourself.
( New rate from Jan 2013)
2.2 Applying For a Visa From a Vietnamese Embassy:
1. Visa approval number from the Vietnamese authorities (see procedure below)
2. Passport (must be valid for at least six months, and have one full page for the visa stamp)
3. Two recent photos (as passport photo)
4. Visa application fee (please contact embassy for current fees)
5. Two visa application forms
Procedure and Processing Time for Obtaining a Visa Approval Number: Please contact your nearest Vietnamese Embassy for procedures and processing times, as they may vary from embassy to embassy.
Click here for Embassies abroad.
Indicates that visa-on-arrival facilities are available. However, NAM Travel recommends visa on arrival only at international airports or major entry points; at smaller border crossings, this process may be more time consuming.